B2B Submission Style Guide
I will update this guide as needed, so please check back often to make sure you do as I ask.
- Format for articles: TXT or HTML
If you need special formatting, just put something to show me where it should go. EX: for bold surround the spot you want bold in something like this: [b]B is for bold[b]
If you use HTML, see the HTML guide further down the page. IF YOU USE WORD OR SOMETHING SIMILAR TO GENERATE HTML, PLEASE JUST USE PLAIN TEXT.
- Multiple files should be compressed into one archive
If you have source files, images, html pages, or any other objects that need to be included with your submission, then please compress them and send them that way. Any archive will work. I can open most any compressed archive.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME ANY BINARIES. Gmail will filter them and I will not recieve the email. If you want a binary made for the archive then let me know and I will compile it (I can compile for Windows only at the moment).
- Images should be 600px wide maximum
If you cannot do this, the image will be resized and scaled.
- Images should be in a web-friendly format
This means anything that a browser will display (no PSDs) and also small enough to be transmitted quickly (no BMPs).
- Tables should be kept to 600px wide
This will keep from destrying my page layout. Also if you wish to represent a table in a txt document, using tabs to space things and separaters such as dashes (-) and pipes | to show headings on columns and rows is acceptable.
- Specific colors for specific sections
If you want specific colors on text, cells, background, etc, tell in the txt or set it in the html. In plain text use  to show things like color. For text use something like [text color red] ...[end red].
- Put Article title in <h2>...</h2> tags
- Put by-line (written by ...) in <h5>...</h5> tags
- Put section dividers (Chapter #..., etc) in <h4>...</h4> tags
- Put paragraphs in <p>...</p> tags
- Put code blocks in <pre>...</pre> tags
- put inline code blocks in <tt>...</tt> tags
- Put bold text in <strong>...</strong> tags
- Put images in relative paths in this format: <img src=".images/[name of file here]" /> (all images are stored in this folder on my server, you don't have to have a folder like that in the package you send me)
- Put large (more than a sentence or 10 words, which ever comes first) quotes or passages from elsewhere in <div class="cite">...</div> tags. Format the block as above.
- Please do not use any style elements in your HTML. These would have to be removed to ensure that my templates will format everything correctly. If you need or want some special formatting, please not it in the article text, or in the HTML as a <!-- ... --> comment tag.